Blog Post Whitepaper – The Great and Powerful “OZ”
Whitepaper – The Great and Powerful “OZ”
Finalized Regulations Released on Investing in a Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund
After much anticipation, the Treasury Department has issued final regulations for Code Section 1400Z, Opportunity Zones. The final regulations are a lengthy 544 pages, but they clarify many open questions that investors and tax advisors had with the limited guidance previously available. The topics addressed in the final regulations include:
- Explanations of qualified sale of property at the end of 10 years
- 180-Day rule adjustments
- Section 1231 gain eligibility
- Changes in the substantial improvement test
- Vacant property rule clarification, working capital safe harbor
- The “sin” business de minimis exception
- …and more.
The Treasury Department has added much-needed flexibility to the proposed regulations, making Opportunity Zone investing more accessible and exciting than ever.
Our Whitepaper details key points from the new regulations for leaders to reference easily.