CrossCountry Mortgage: A Case Study in Combined & Customized IT Services
Articles by: Richey May, Aug 27, 2020
In 2019, CrossCountry Mortgage’s CIO left the company. At the time, she was also the acting CISO. In order to stay in compliance with industry regulations, the company needed to find a qualified security executive to fill in. In addition, the new CIO wanted to assess overall compliance, cybersecurity, IT preparedness and process gaps.
CrossCountry Mortgage was looking for a partner with:
- A high level of mortgage industry-specific knowledge, including the then-new regulations from the NY Department of Finance released in 2019.
- High-quality IT services for mortgage from a well-staffed and credentialed team.
- A qualified security executive who could meet the compliance CISO requirements.
- Reliable, regular communication with a bi-weekly cadence and ad-hoc availability for critical issues.
- Prior knowledge of their systems, including loan origination system, firewall and remote work software, etc.
The Richey May Technology Solutions team works together to provide high-quality virtual CISO services. They update the CrossCountry Mortgage IT team on a bi-weekly vCISO call to discuss current and upcoming regulations and how they may affect IT compliance.
The team also regularly communicates with the CIO to assist with ad hoc IT security needs. For example, CrossCountry Mortgage was struggling with an issue involving their anti-virus software.
“The program was forcing other critical operational programs to close. We needed to think quickly and creatively to get it shut down so the rest of the business could continue until we could fix the problem. Fortunately, we were able to work around the problem so the rest of operations wasn’t forced to grind to a halt.”Arnel Manalo, Cybersecurity Architect, Richey May Technology Solutions
CrossCountry Mortgage is satisfied with the high level of communication and service the Richey May Technology Solutions team provides.
“Overall, we have a high level of confidence about the future. We just renewed our vCISO agreement and working with the team is a great experience. I can pretty much get ahold of someone on the team whenever I need them.”Jerry West, SVP of Infrastructure and Technology, CrossCountry Mortgage
Download the full Case Study: