John came to Richey May in 2013 as an Audit Partner. Having worked as a CPA for 20 years, he has extensive experience providing audit services and business advice to a wide variety of clients. Before joining Richey May, John was an audit director at CBIZ MHM, LLC for seven years. His client list includes independent mortgage banks, hospitality businesses, real estate operations and employee retirement plans. Throughout his career, John has focused on providing audit and assurance services to employee retirement plans of many types, including 401(k)s, and 403(b)s. Clients and peers recognize him as a leader in employee retirement plan assurance and John works diligently to stay current on the many changes and challenges facing plans and fiduciaries.
John was born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota and now resides in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. He loves to golf and is very proud of his one-time double eagle. In his free time, John enjoys outdoor activities such as hockey and hiking, as well as spending time with his kids.
- Certified Public Accountant – Colorado and Minnesota
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Colorado Society of CPAs (COCPA)
- Minnesota Society of CPAs (MNCPA)
- Junior Achievement Rocky Mountain, Inc.
Honors & Achievements:
- Minnesota Junior Chamber – Outstanding Young Minnesotans (2006)
- Brainerd Jaycees Distinguished Service Award – Outstanding Young Citizen of the Year (2006)
- Junior Achievement Gold Leadership Award (2003)
- Olaf College
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics with an accounting emphasis