JT has nearly 20 years of experience providing enterprise information security and risk management services to a variety of organizations, with a particular emphasis on the financial services industry. He has a proven track record of collaborating with senior leadership and Boards of Directors to improve productivity and business alignment while maintaining security and regulatory compliance. JT’s vast expertise includes the development of security strategies based on organizational risk, oversight of security operations, incident response, third-party risk management, disaster recovery, building and leading high-performing Information Security teams, and customer and government due diligence oversight. His experience includes numerous compliance verticals, such as PCI-DSS, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA, PIPEDA, New York State Department of Financial Services Data Security and GDPR.
Prior to joining Richey May, JT was the Director of Information Security for SquareTwo Financial. In this role, he was responsible for developing a comprehensive security program, policies and standards for operations in the highly-regulated financial services industry. This included developing and adjusting tactical response based on current and emerging threat trends, ensuring successful security audits with both internal and external auditors, and reporting to the Board of Directors and senior leadership team.
JT currently lives in Lakewood, Colorado with his wife and son. In his free time, he enjoys all things outdoors, including skiing, mountain biking, hiking, and working towards completing his goal of climbing all of Colorado’s 14,000 foot peaks. He also dedicates his time to youth organizations, such as the Boy Scouts of America, and as a Volunteer Board Member at Westerra Credit Union.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional – Certification # 51784 (2003 – Present)
- Certified International Society of Forensic Computer Examiner (ISFCE) (2010)
- Northern Arizona University
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Technology
- Co-chair – Cybersecurity oversight committee – MBA (2018)
- Member – Board of Directors, Audit and Risk Committee – Westerra Credit Union (2017)
- ISSA Denver – Financial Services Vertical Executive Board Member (2017)
- Member of the ISSA Denver Chapter (2011 – 2017)
- President – Non-Profit Board – Green Mountain Swim Club (2015 – 2017)
- Member Denver Area – FBI Infraguard (2016, 2017)
- Committee Chairman – Non-Profit Board – Cub Scout Pack 748 (2013 – 2016)
- Executive Advisory Board Member – Denver Secure World Conference (2013 – 2017)
- Presentation “Cybersecurity Trends in the Mortgage Industry” – KYMBA – Louisville, KY (2018)
- Executive Panel member, “What went wrong” – MBA Tech Conference – Detroit (2018)
- Executive Panel member, Cybersecurity Insurance Overview and Market Trends – Denver ISSA (2017)
- Executive Panel member, CISO Panel – Denver ISSA Financial Services Special Interest Group (2016)
- Executive Panel member, CISO Panel – Colorado Cybersecurity Consortium (2015)
- Executive Panel member and Guest Speaker at Trend Micro Directions Conference – Chicago (2014)
- Presentation: “Meeting and Exceeding PCI-DSS and SoX Compliance” – Oracle OpenWorld (2012)