Jonathan Sharon joined Richey May in 2014 and serves as tax partner specializing in alternative investment vehicles such as hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds, and venture capital funds. Prior to joining us, Jon built his knowledge of this complex area of tax law while working as a tax manager at Rothstein Kass and before that at JD Clark & Company, a division of UMB Fund Services.
Jon has been recognized as a leader throughout his career and we’re fortunate to have him leading our tax team in this specialty. He has often served on and led teams that focused on improving systems, implementing best practices, and presenting internal and external training. Clients and peers alike value Jon’s opinions and insights on fund tax issues such as formation and structure, taxation of financial products, and tax law changes.
Jon is a dedicated family man and enjoys spending most of his time outside of work with his wife and three young children. Additionally, Jon is a Colorado sports fanatic who also loves the outdoors especially when backpacking, hiking, or fishing.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Colorado, Utah
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- University of Utah
- Masters in Accounting (MAcc), 2008
- Brigham Young University Idaho
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 2007
- Bachelor of Science, Business Management emphasis in Finance, 2007