Keith A. May
Keith A. May is a founding partner of Richey May & Co. With over 35 years of public accounting experience, Keith provides consulting and assurance services to a broad range of public and private clients, including mortgage bankers, financial services companies, manufacturers, contractors, real estate, wholesale, retail, and service organizations.
Keith currently serves as the Partner in Charge of Richey May’s Advisory Services practice, delivering high value consulting services to mortgage banking companies, financial institutions and financial service firms. His services include mergers & acquisitions due diligence, performance improvement reviews, business process re-engineering, compliance reviews, and consultations on financial reporting and accounting issues.
Keith was previously responsible for directing the firm’s Assurance practice. Prior to joining Richey, May & Co., Keith was affiliated with BDO Seidman in Indiana from 1979 to 1983 and Strait, Kushinsky & Company in Colorado Springs, Colorado from 1983 to 1993.
Keith is a frequent speaker and panelist at mortgage banking conferences and other industry events. Additionally, Keith is highly regarded by his peers in the Colorado Society of CPAs and is active in the AICPA’s peer review program, which helps monitor and improve CPA firm quality throughout the United States. In 2016, Keith was appointed to the Advisory Board of The International Accounting Group (TIAG), a worldwide alliance of independent accounting firms.
Keith currently resides in Littleton, Colorado with his wife, Beth, and their son. He loves his community and describes the area as an outdoor playground with the resources of a large city. He believes in the quote, “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” Both he and Ken Richey have always supported a culture of giving and community involvement at our firm. Their commitment to giving and acting locally led to the founding of the Richey May Cares Foundation in 2013. In his free time, he enjoys many of the recreational resources that Colorado has to offer by hiking, mountain biking, and skiing.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) numerous states, including Colorado
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified Mortgage Lender (CML)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Management Consulting Services Division
- Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants (COCPA)
- Chairman, Peer Review Board
- Course Instructor
- Colorado Mortgage Lenders Association
- Advisory Board, The International Accounting Group (TIAG)
- Indiana University Alumni Association
- Indiana University
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting (1980)
Articles, Speeches and Publications:
- “Mortgage Servicing Rights Asset Management”
- “M&A Deal Structure and Due Diligence-Operational Considerations”
- “Mortgage Banking Benchmarking Study”
- “Planning and Forecasting”
- “Loan Pipeline and Hedge Accounting”
- “CFPB Compliance-Business Strategies”
- “Loan and MSR Loss Reserves”
- “Accounting for Mortgage Banking”