Kurt has more than twenty-five years of experience in a variety of jobs within the financial services and mortgage banking industries. He has worked as everything from a collections manager to a regional underwriter to an operations manager to a servicing controller in a career that has included time at banks, mortgage companies and investment houses. He has worked for both public and privately held businesses and has extensive experience in financial reporting, compliance, internal controls, budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, risk assessment, employee development, and operational accounting.
Kurt’s work in so many different roles within the mortgage banking industry gives him insight into the business that few can match. When he advises clients, he understands the repercussions that a choice made in one department or group can have throughout an institution. His experience helps him to identify potential pitfalls and unintended consequences, as well as hidden opportunities that others might miss. Kurt tailors his solutions carefully to make sure that they fix what needs improving without hampering functions that are working.
Prior to joining Richey May Co., Kurt was affiliated with Beal Bank, Countrywide Home Loans, H&R Block Mortgage, Goldman Sachs, Grant Thornton, Louetta Management and BB&T. Kurt was born in Tulsa, OK but now resides in Castle Rock, CO. He is an avid hockey fan and in his free time enjoys hiking and spending time with his son Zachary and wife Elizabeth.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Colorado Association of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Houston Wild Youth Hockey-Executive Treasurer & Assistant Coach
- Charlotte Flames Youth Hockey-Controller
- University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Oklahoma State University
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing